Sunday, October 24, 2021

Sunday is Funday

 Stage 32: Collecchio to Fornovo di Taro (17,09 km) 

Whenever I plan my day, the basic question is: Do I follow the roads or do I take cycling/hiking paths? Both options can be hit and miss. The roads can be busy with trucks (often the case in the cast couple of days) or quiet and empty.

The paths can be nice, paved and tranquil, they can be rocky single trails or they can simply not exist.


Today is a short stage, so I decide for the path and this time I am well rewarded with a beautiful trail trough a nature reserve.


I also hit a short passage where the single trail becomes, well, no trail and I have to bush through a ditch and brambles, which costs me a flat tire.



But overall, well worth it. The day ends in a wonderful B&B, with home-cooked dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment