Thursday, October 28, 2021

Screw capitalism

Stage 35: Fiumaretta di Ameglia to Lido di Camaiore (28.91 km)

In my mind, I would be walking along the beach promenade see the ocean the whole day and be happy.

In reality I walked along a busy road (the beach promenade) and looked at closed building, gates, fences and hedges. But no ocean. 95% of the beachfront property here is concessioned for private beaches, which - since it is off season - are all closed and boarded up. A disgrace. At least the mountains to the other side offer nice views.


The stage is not too long, nevertheless I can't seem to find a rhythm. It is time for a break.

So I find a decent hotel (actually it is a shabby hotel, but it is mostly empty and) with a balcony overlooking the beach and sea.


Due to a public holiday on Monday, this apparently is long-weekend-travel season here. Hotels around Lucca are obscenely expensive, so I decide to stay here for 2 full days before continuing on Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment