Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Across the Po

Stage 28: Pavia to Catsel San Giovanni (35,99 km) 

Early morning Pavia is busy. Busy as a metropole. In general, there is noticeably a lot more business, traffic, work, movement going on in northern Italy than in France or Switzerland.


I find a canal that immediately reminds me of Mulhouse, but it is only short and not that nice for hiking.


After that, more fields, and the clear skies are over, it becomes increasingly cloudy.


Challenge for today is crossing a long, narrow bridge across the rive Po, but even here, the oncoming cars are calm and courteous. The bridge also brings me from the Lombard region into Emilia Romagna.


The area is packed with old churches and monumental buildings, often times I find it difficult to differentiate between the ruins and the buildings still in use.


Want to see what I see? Check out the video:







No comments:

Post a Comment