Thursday, November 4, 2021

The Borg

 Stage 41: Sienna to Buonconvento (32.06 km)

Sienna is dead early in the morning.

So is most of Tuscany, making it is a beautiful, quiet, hilly hike.

Fall is quite visible here.

Looking back at Sienna.

Today has another highlight for me. Il Borgo. Quite famous sausage and meat (and rightfully so). I buy some cured sausages and bread for a late breakfast and some meat for dinner.

So with a full stomach I hike through rolling hills..

and some scenery right from the Witcher.

Buonconvento even has a public drinking water fountain, awesome.

It takes me about 30 minutes and the help of the waitress of a bearby bar to locate the landlord of my aprtment, which is in the back of a totally unmarked residential building. The apartment itself is super cute though and features a kitchen with a large pan to fry my pork chops. Happy Stefan :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment